Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Needed a break

I needed a break from parenting today. Actually, I really needed it yesterday, but it didn't seem feasible to take one, what with my spouse working and all. I suppose I could have drummed up some childcare, but the purpose of working part-time is to spend time with my son. So, to hire a caregiver seemed to defeat that purpose. However, I'm beginning to realize that it just might be OK to take a break. I'm sure this is an "I told you so" moment for those more experienced parents out there. My son is 13 months old, so I didn't take me too long to figure it out. How did I celebrate my break on today, Saturday, August 19, 2006? By going to the office. Hopefully it won't take another 13 months for me to realize that this is probably not really considered a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home