Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

40


(Yes, I know the pictures is sideways. I'm tired of fighting with Picasa to save the rotated version. I'll fix it at a later date.)
Today I turned forty years old. I've been looking forward to celebrating this milestone all year. Last night Steve put together a fabulous party with lots of friends from different parts of our DC lives, as well as my mom and dad who came into town to help celebrate. It really was a great party and so much fun to have all my local friends and family together in one place. Like many parties, however, they are over just as I'm getting into my groove and I never get to really have long conversations with anyone. But, it was a huge amount of fun nonetheless. Today, my actual birthday, was spent in relax-mode because I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night (and I had just a few glasses of my signature drink, cava sangria). I'd write more, but the bed is calling this forty year old body. While the about photo doesn't show my best side (and it's on its side), the shoes must be noted. My dear friend, Jill, gave this to me. "They are you," she said. I'm so glad she thinks of me this way and if the shoes are any indication, forty is going to be a great ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home