Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Ready or Not

We've all been sick as can be over here for what seems like weeks. Both boys have had ear infections and Steve and I can not seem to shake whatever virus has invaded our house. I'm off to the doctor tomorrow to see what drugs I can wrestle out of him to get this thing off my back. In the meantime, my dear mother came over (from the Eastern Shore) to provide some help. Bless her soul. Exposing herself to our germ infested house so that our lives could run a bit more smoothly. She loves being useful and has been thoroughly entertained by Graeme, who has weathered this thing the best of all of us.

Today, she was playing around with Graeme and said, "Ready or not, I'm going to get you." He waited a beat and said "not." We all looked at each other in disbelief and then just started laughing. As with the previous post, my child is either very literal or a pain-in-the-ass. Based on other observations, I'm beginning to think it might be the latter.

1 Comments:

Blogger CLEA Dockins said...

We have "the latter" in our house as well, although we like to call it "Challenging" and "Strong-willed." But no matter what you call them, they sure do keep us on our toes, no??

Hope you are all feeling well soon!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home