Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Out of the closet

Knox came out of the closet yesterday - literally. He didn't eat much yesterday, which had us worried. We decided to give him one of his appetite stimulants and it worked. He wandered out of the closet about 30 minutes later looking for some grub. He looks so skinny to me. I'm sure much of it is due to the fact that his belly is shorn, along with one of his front paws, but he's probably hovering right around 10 pounds - or 3 pounds shy of his normal weight.

When I woke to give him food at both 1 am and 5 am he was missing from the closet. Eeks - where did he go? I found him wandering around the house, again, looking for food.

Today was his most active day. I found him in his window hammock at one point, another favorite spot. The thought of him jumping 3.5 feet to reach the hammock with 18 staples in his belly makes he nervous, but he obviously felt up for it. I planned to take a picture of him in the hammock, but after admiring his feat I found that Graeme had smeared Vicks Vapor Rub all over his face. By the time I finished cleaning my menthol-smelling son Knox had retreated to the closet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the blog...great way to hear about Knox's condition and also about a menthol smelling child.
Happy to hear that Knox feels well enough to venture out of the closet and hopefully this trend will continue into the future.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home