Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feeding Ian


We have a new routine in our house....solid food for Ian! He's digging the rice cereal and sweet potatoes, and Graeme is quite a help, literally. I love this stage with babies. There's something about introducing new foods that excites me. I mean each taste, smell and texture is so very new in such a tangible way. You can see it on Ian's face. I don't really consider myself a foodie, which is maybe why I can get excited about mashed sweet potatoes. I'm hoping to do a better job with Ian's taste buds than I've done with Graeme. Steve reminds me that taste is probably primarily hard-wired, but I don't think I was ambitious, or patient enough with introducing Graeme to new foods and now he's a chicken nugget kid. Ian is getting an avocado for breakfast, and he's going to like it, by gum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home