Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Deal with me

When my patience is thin (which correlates strongly with sleep deprivation, and hence happens more frequently than I'd like these days) I will walk away from Graeme's antics. Yesterday he woke from his nap and we needed to get moving to a birthday party. He wouldn't budge from his crib. I wrangled a new diaper onto him, but couldn't get him to cooperate on anything else. So, I just calmly walked away and said, "you tell me when you're ready to get out of bed." I went downstairs and told Steve that maybe he'd have better luck getting him up. Steve went upstairs and Graeme said, "Mommy doesn't want to deal with me right now." A truism for sure, but not what I expected from a 2 year old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home