Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ian's Baptism


We baptized Ian on July 12 at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church. I was raised Catholic, which is sort of as far as the connection goes. Steve and I had hopes of finding a religion that suited us both, but have never really found the time or motivation to do some proper research. When Graeme was born I had a strong desire to introduce religion and after some contemplation I decided to go with my default...Catholic. Blessed Sacrament is within walking distance of our house and has a very contemporary feel, which appeals to me. I attend sporadically. I used to try to take Graeme, but he ends up running around in the hallways and I miss most of the service, so now I just (rarely) go myself. At any rate, the ceremony was nice, all the grandparents were in town, and Graeme restrained himself (with my mother's help) from swimming in the baptismal font.Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home