Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Make You Happy

The other day Graeme gave me a big kiss when I was leaving the house. I hugged him and said "I love you." "I love you too, Mommy," was his reply. Which made me cry and hug him more. "I make you happy, Mommy. I don't make you sad."

How is it that the deepest insights can come from a 2 year old?

(The wheels are being repaired on the Maguire bus. My mother is now here helping us put ourselves back in order. Bless her. I could feel the stress melt away as soon as I heard she was on her way. Ian is a sick little fellow (ear infection #7, or just one non-stop infection since January, depending on how you look at it), so her presence is very, very, very welcome.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home