Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Friday, July 18, 2008

What Stings?

What is the first response that comes to mind? My guess is "a bee" was what most of you thought of first. This question was posed to Graeme at his 3 year doctor's appointment as part of the battery of tests to determine if he is developing properly. Other questions included, "what runs?" "what flies?" "what sleeps?" "what hops?" He answered in a predictable way for all the questions until we got to "what stings?" "A jellyfish" he shouted gleefully. Steve and I looked at each other with a "where did he get that?" look. He's correct and Graeme "passed." I try not to read too much into it, but I can't help but wonder if it also suggests that my child might be a bit outside of the norm. Nut doesn't fall very far from the tree, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

Maybe from 'Finding Nemo'?

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home