Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I love my child, but not his sleep habits

Is this a fair statement? There's a huge amount of parental guilt when I am irritated, but waking at 4:45AM is not cool. Graeme was up again this morning at 4:45 and proceeded to scream (not really cry, just yell) for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I went in to soothe him a few times, but Steve and I decided against full-throttle cuddling because he doesn't seem to be in pain or have some kind of other medical concern. He eventually fell asleep from 6:30 to 7:30, but we didn't. So, we are once again running on fumes. This is agony, I'm telling you.

I have high hopes of using this forum to express my thoughts on various subjects that float through my brain, but it seems as though the only things in the gray matter are fuzzy reminders of basic household functions, such as "milk is stored in the frig" and "we usually eat sandwiches for lunch". I assume that interesting material will return to my brain at some point. In the meantime, thanks for bearing with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home