Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Monday, January 14, 2008

What Not to Wear

I'm fearful of facing an intervention some time soon, something akin to what happens on the show What Not to Wear. I don't particularly like this show, but it is often the best viewing option late at night. Thankfully, I've started a new book that will hopefully supplant my stupid TV viewing habits. My clothing these days consists almost exclusively of fleece and I have a small selection of both pants and tops that I interchange to create what might be called a wardrobe. Fleece means you don't have to shower, so I top off the outfit with a baseball cap. I usually force myself to bathe before the days-end, but I certainly don't apply any make-up after said bath. To forestall the intervention that I'm sure is being planned I decided to spiff things up this weekend and actually wore a real sweater, make-up, jewelry, and these fine red shoes that Graeme loves to wear around the house. My two-year old seems to have a better sense of style than I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I read that book and loved it. It is in my top 10. And of course that is starts in Cornell and involves our beloved state/home.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home