Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Excuse Me, Stop Talking

Graeme is a chatter-box. He talks from the moment he wakes up until the moment he goes to sleep. I love the running commentary about life, but sometimes there's a need or desire to say a few words. After getting frustrated with the inability to have a conversation when he's around I told him that if he wanted to talk while someone else is talking he needs to say excuse me first. The next evening I was talking to Steve (side note: it's really hard to have two chatter-boxes in the house; I pity Steve if this trait is passed on to Ian, as well) and suddenly we hear, "excuse me, stop talking." We laughed and showered him with praise. I'll refine the lesson some time in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger shamers said...

emma's latest nickname is chatterbox! so sorry we moved -- i think our kids could be best friends. we went to claire's in the mall the other day and she saw a little miss chatterbox backpack and could not take her eyes off it.

we also occasionally hear "mama, don't talk to dadda. talk to me."

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home