Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Radio Nowhere Going Somewhere

My days are pretty much spent in baby/preschooler-world or economics-world. One can be pretty mind-numbing, the other pretty-maddening. (I'll let you decide which is which.) So, it is a rare treat when I get to converse and interact with people who are hip, cool, creative, talented (OK, no offense to the moms or economists...some of you fit the above description too), and rock stars (none of you fit the latter, except maybe Chris and Jared). The spouse of my childhood friend, Dana, is a rock-star in the Bay Area. He recently released a debut album, Days Between Stations, from his new band, Radio Nowhere, and has created a blog that appeals to my need for information and novice'ness when it comes to music. He explains the details of how to get the music without driving to the music store (do those even exist anymore?) for those who are techno-phobes like myself. And, he explains each song in detail...first with the lyrics, then the technical mumbo-jumbo, and then the story behind each song. The last part is my favorite. So, if the nursery rhymes are making you insane or the economics is making you dorky or life is just a little mundane today, go to his site and infuse yourself with some great music. (Oh, he says you have to play it really loud.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly - I love you! You're the most fun economist I know! Keep rockin'

11:28 AM  
Blogger CLEA Dockins said...

Chris? "Rock Star?" Really??

8:02 AM  
Blogger Vaughn said...

very cool....will have to keep my eyes and ears open for him here

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home