Unanchored Thoughts

Bits and pieces of musings about family, friends, social issues, and whatever else travels through my head without a purpose.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Room for Popsicles

Graeme isn't a rock star eater, but he's also not terrible either. We encourage healthy foods, but still serve him things he'll eat (namely, bagels, turkey meatballs, cereal, fruit, chicken nuggets). He's learned that a clean plate will usually earn him a treat. Last night he had 3 chicken nuggets and 3 strawberries on his plate. "If I eat these can I have a blue popsicle?" Yes. One chicken nugget and 3 strawberries later he declared that it was time for the popsicle. Pushing him to eat the rest of the chicken was only met with strong, loud protests. Why don't you want to eat the chicken, Graeme? "Because then there won't be any room for popsicles." Fair enough. Please don't ask me how the story ends. (I traded him a few bites of broccoli for the popsicle. I'm not sure what the lesson is, but it seemed reasonable to me.)

1 Comments:

Blogger diana onorio funk said...

You know he's brilliant, right? OF COURSE there wouldn't be any room for popsicles after all that dinner. He is a kid after my own heart, spirited and all. :)

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home